This week we are talking about the Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend). This is the time of the year that we make our list of goals and/or resolutions to be accomplish during the year. Most of the time we give up as time goes by, but Hey, it is always fun and constructive to make a list (I think LOL). Here are some of our goals/resolutions for this year.
1. If you know me you know that I suffer from "squirrel syndrome." LOL I get distracted by EVERYTHING! I mean EVERYTHING. So, this year I plan on making a list of things that I need to accomplish whether it has to do with the Blog or just stuff I have to do at home and cross them off as I complete them. I WILL NOT JUMP FROM ONE TASK TO THE OTHER, I WILL WORK MY WAY DOWN THE LIST. Okay, now if only I could actually follow through. LOL
2. Last year my father build me some really nice build-in bookshelves, which by the way, are about 90 percent full already. (This is an old picture and I have already filled 6 of those books and some are piled vertically so it would hold more) Most of those books I haven't read yet *hides face* Yes, I know, how could I have so many books and not have read them. Well, this year I plan on making a HUGE dent in those shelves. So you heard it friends, I WILL READ THOSE BOOKS! LOL Now if I could only tell authors and publishers to please stop putting out awesome books for the next few months so I can really make this happen! What do you think? LOL
3. One of my goal for this year is read 60 books on the GoodReads 2014 Reading Challenge. I also want to read the books that I've had on my TBR list forever. I want to read the books that I own that I've not gotten to yet.
4. Exercise. I know I know. Everybody had this resolution every year but I usually don't. So this year I want to exercise more, just to stay healthy.
5. Read at least 12 books from my TBR piles that have been on there the longest.
6. Last year I struggled a lot with some stuff that was going on and it sucked. So one of my resolutions for 2014 is to enjoy life, the good and bad, and just be me again. I want to wake up and have a smile on my face each morning you know.
7. Another resolution that I would love to have accomplished is . . . finally read all the books in my TBR. I know it'll take a lot of years but hey I got time, right.
8. Read more books than I did last year.
9. Not request or accept more books for review than I can handle.
10. My resolution for this year is read books without judging the cover. I will not lie and say working out or something that I will never going to do. Reading is the only exercise I will do and love.