Hi guys, welcome to my stop on the blog tour. I am really, really, really proud to say that I am a member of the Knights of Whitechapel and I could not be happier.
I have a few confessions that I need to get off my chest
and this is the perfect time to do just that.
- I had tweeted Kerri a stalking Jack the Ripper confession awhile back and that idea had came from me listening to Usher's song Confessions on Spotify.
- It was around 12:30am on June 1st when I checked my emails and saw that I was on the street team for Knights of Whitechapel. The excitement I felt was pretty damn high and I may or may not have lost all the sleep I had. True story.
- This is my first time being on a street team *gasp I know* usually only a select few members are picked but what makes this street team extra special is that EVERYONE gets to promote and share there love for Stalking Jack the Ripper in many different ways, it's not limited to just bloggers, it's for readers and bookstagrammers as well.
- I actually googled who Jack the Ripper was, I couldn't help myself, I wanted to put a face to a name. My googling skills didn't pay off but I did learn some interesting facts.
- I pronounce Ripper with a British accent so I'm always saying "rippah" like Klaus from The Original.
- When I received Stalking Jack the Ripper arc I had to make sure I kept the book in a safe place. You see I have a puppy that's teething and one time a friend let me borrow an arc and let's just say that he bit a few of the pages.
Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.
Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.
The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.
Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where her fascination with gothic settings began. In her spare time she reads everything she can get her hands on, cooks all kinds of food with her family and friends, and drinks entirely too much tea while discussing life’s finer points with her cats.
Stalking Jack the Ripper is her debut novel. It incorporates her love of forensic science and unsolved history, and is the first in a new series of gothic thrillers.
It will be available everywhere September 20, 2016.
1 winner will receive an arc of Stalking Jack the Ripper